Saturday, October 3, 2009

Busy Weekends

The past two weekends have been very busy in the Shepherd house.

On Friday, September 25, Aaron's family threw us the most beautiful baby shower for Jack. He got to see everyone, but only people who washed their hands got to hold him. (I'm definitely a first-time mom and I'm going to use that as my excuse to be protective!)


On Sunday, September 27, Jack Aaron Roe Shepherd was dedicated to the Lord before his family and friends at our church. I'm sure I'll need to relive that moment over the years to remind myself that he does not belong to me but is a gift for Aaron and I to care for and be a part of.

On Friday, October 2, Aaron and I went out to dinner and a movie for my birthday and Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Jack stayed with little Jack. We felt incredibly guilty for leaving him but enjoyed eating a meal slowly for the first time in weeks. When we got home, I went into his room where he was fussing in his crib. I put his pacifier in for him and talked to him a little (because I couldn't help myself) and he broke out in the biggest smile! (not typical for that time of night!) Jack gave his mommy the perfect birthday present.


On Saturday, October 3, we took our first trip to the Franklin Cider Mill. It was rainy and he slept so we got our goodies and headed home. We'll take pictures next time. :)
We did, however, put on our new Michigan onesie and take pictures with our little friend next door. Levi was born 3 weeks after Jack and is a Sparty so pictures were a must.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful picture of your family on dedication day. Precious sleeping baby! Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom & Dad look very happy with the gift God gave them, a wonderful little boy.

    Jack is so prescious.

    Jack looks big next to Levi. What happened to my baby?????

    ReplyDelete